A Chabacano Inspirational Message for Women

I was browsing Facebook when I saw this very inspiring message:


Okay so it is not in Chabacano, it is in Spanish. But what I'll do today is I'll translate the message from Spanish to Chabacano.

Mujer
Tu cuerpo, el ta hace contigo sexy
Tu cara, el ta hace contigo bonita
Tu sonrisa, el ta hace contigo linda
Pero tu pensamiento, amo el cosa ta hace contigo bien hermosa...

The words linda (pretty), hermosa (beautiful), and sonrisa (smile) are actually not found in my Chabacano dictionaries so I guess you can say that I borrowed them from Spanish.

In the last line, I chose not to use the word totalmente because I wanted the Chabacano in my translation to sound more casual. In the comments section below, arondayot ZamboangueƱo contributes his version of the last line which is pero tu pensamiento el que ta hace contigo totalmente hermosa (which I actually think sounds better than mine) šŸ˜œ.

There you go, a few words of encouragement for all women out there feeling bad about themselves. For me though, what makes a woman totally beautiful is not just her mind but her heart as well. šŸ˜‰


7 comments:

  1. I saw this message on Facebook too, and I find it very nice, because it is a big truth (at least for me =P).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerome, you may also express it as "Pero tu pensamiento el que ta hace contigo totalmente hermosa."

    As a native ZamboangueƱo Chavavano speaker who can read and write quite well in my Chavavano language, I've already understood what was the message trying to say.. I don't know, maybe it's because of my exposure to some Castilian Word and Grammatical Structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerome,
    Pedi yo su permiso para descargĆ” yo este foto aquĆ­.

    Hay publicĆ” yo este na Habla ZamboangueƱo con tu versiĆ³n and mi versiĆ³n.
    ¿Puede? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na Facebook lang yo con ese ya encontra. Hehehe. :P

      Delete
  4. Hinde mio ese retrato. Ya envia yo contigo email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my version, Jerome.

    https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17156336_1274096899371795_8437467931865679873_n.jpg?oh=6ba96d063564c4b675ec5567398cef59&oe=598D7093

    ReplyDelete